CNI Mission & Goals
The Washington Village/South Norwalk Transformation Plan provides the framework (or roadmap) for the future of this important Norwalk neighborhood, with the goal of creating and sustaining access to opportunity for all households who reside there.
Key Goals for the Transformation Plan
- The neighborhood is storm resilient.
- South Norwalk is safe and attractive.
- A rich array of amenities that appeal to residents and visitors is found in the community.
- Residents with diverse socio-economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds continue to call South Norwalk home.
- The neighborhood is a walkable and bike-able community with a cohesive public transit network.
- Replace 136 units of obsolete public housing in a sustainable mixed-income community.
- New housing is high quality, energy efficient, and safe.
- Minimize displacement and disruption of Washington Village residents resulting from relocation.
- Residents are well-informed about, have access to, and take full advantage of the support services and programs in and around Norwalk.
- Households are economically stable and self-sufficient.
- Children, youth and adults are physically and mentally healthy.
- South Norwalk shares a learning community in which all residents embrace the pursuit of high quality education and are engaged in educational learning opportunities.
- Children enter kindergarten ready to learn.
- Children are proficient in key academic subjects and graduate from high school, college and career ready.
- Youth have strong assets to be successful in school and life.
~ Top of Page ~