CNI News - Events Calendar
Our calendar contains public meetings, special events, holidays and dates to help you plan ahead.
Workshops and Information Sessions
- Thursdays WEEKLY through October, 9am-10am - Weekly Walking for Health - open to all!
- Tuesday, October 1st, 5:30pm-6:30pm - Bone Health Series: Tai Chi Group Exercise Class
- Tuesday, October 22nd, 9am-1pm - Career Resources 23rd Annual Community Career Fair
at Housatonic Community College, 900 Lafayette Boulevard, Bridgeport
- Tuesday, November 5th - 1pm - Express Agency Job Fair Presentation
- Tuesday, November 5th - Don't forget to VOTE!
Polling places open 6am-8pm. (Check online for your polling location.)
- Tuesday, November 12th, 5:30pm-6:30pm - Spinal Health: Back Pain and Posture
- Wednesday, November 13th, 1pm-4pm at UConn Stamford - Tri-Chamber Networking Event
- Tuesday, November 19th, 5:30pm-7:30pm - Your Credit, Your Life
- Monday, December 2nd 10am-noon - Health Career Academy Information Session
- Monday, December 9th 2pm-4pm - Health Career Academy Information Session
- Tuesday, December 10th, 1pm - Express Agency Job Fair Presentation
Call ahead to reserve your space!!
203-838-8471 X681 (Nadine) or X180 (Jamie)
Unless otherwise noted, above all workshops will be held at
NHA/CNI Field Office, 149 Water Street, 2nd floor, Norwalk
~ Top of Page ~
Workshop and Info Session Descriptions
- ABCD Community Action Agency Information Session
Services include emergency rental/utility assistance, DSS food stamp applications, clothing and food referrals, case management, job search assistance and so much more.
- Bartenders Academy
Presented by Diageo, information Session on FREE Job Readiness Training & Internship Program
- Bone Health Series
Arthritis 101: Learn current practices for arthritis, take control of your diagnosis; Spinal Health: learn causes of back pain & how to prevent it.
Back Pain & Posture: Join us to learn about the causes of back pain, different treatment options and how to prevent it.
- Career Coach Bus
The American Job Center: Come aboard the coach bus for this one stop job training opportunity and receive Career Services:
Job Search Assistance: Resume Workshop; Social Networking; Job Search
Computer Training: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Credit Reports and Identity Theft Prevention
Understand your credit reports and history, learn how to protect yourself from having your personal information including social security, credit card information and the steps needed to correct/clear your credit if it is.
- Dress for Success Information Session and Professional Wardrobe
Offered through Career Resources, Dress for Success helps women transform their professional lives through FREE employment services, including providing FREE wardrobes for interviews and work days.
- Express Employment Event
Meet the professionals at Express Employment and find out about many choices they have available. Express can connect you with warehouse work, office and admin positions, help desk work, professional accounting, sales positions and more.
- First Time Buyer - Homeownership Certificate
Presented by Bridgeport Neighborhood Trust: HUD required certificate for all those who are eligible for homeownership assistance programs.
- Health Career Academy Information Session
Presented by The Workplace: This info session will provide participants will all of the most up-to-date information on their free training available at their Southwestern CT Health Career Academy. Training will include skills assessment, occupational training, distance learning and job placement. Career training provided for the following fields:
C.N.A, Pharmacy Tech, Patient Care Tech, Dental Assistant and more…
- Keeping Families Together
Presented by the Southwest Connecticut Agency on Aging and Independent Living, navigate options for you or your loved one regardless of age.
- Money Matters
Making your money work for you - Presented by CT Money School, create a personal spending plan and identify ways to decrease spending and increase income. Create and maintain a budget that works.
- Naturalization Information Session
Learn about the benefits of becoming a US Citizen, eligibility, problematic situation, free application and waivers.
- SCORE Entrepreneurship in Spanish
Presented by SCORE, the nation's largest network of volunteer, business expert mentors, learn what's necessary to start and grow your business. Workshop will be conducted exclusively in Spanish.
Part 1 focuses on Credit;
Part 2 focuses on Entrepreneurship Getting Started.
- Smoking Cessation Information Session
Kick the smoking habit and live healthier with this free program. Presented by Day Street Community Health Center.
- Tai Chi Group Exercise
Tai Chi, a self-passed system of gently physical exercise and stretching, can help to reduce stress and increase flexibility and balance. Can be practiced sitting or standing!
- VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) Kickoff Meeting
Learn about a free service to have your taxes prepared by IRS-certified volunteers for households who earned less than $55,000 in 2017. Visit VITA CT
(Meeting held at Norwalk Public Library, 1 Belden Avenue, Norwalk)
- Weekly Walking for Health Group
Meet at the CNI Office at 149 Water Street promptly at 4PM on Thursdays
Walk trails at Oyster Shell Park and other local area parks. Take steps for better health
- YMCA Healthy Kids Community Celebration
Fun fitness demos, free giveaways, arts/crafts, DJ and musical games, health screenings and more (Smilow Life Center Parking Lot, 55 Chestnut Street, Norwalk)
- Zumba Party
Join the workout, dance, sweat and have fun. Hosted by Zumba Instructor Edith Torres
~ Top of Page ~
- VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) free tax prep sites open end-January through mid-April. Check for locations, times and requirements visit: Connecticut Association for Human Services
- Check for availability of Norwalk Housing Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Applications available; 203-838-8471 X190 or visit: Norwalk Housing Foundation
- Check for availability of Norwalk Housing Foundation Graduate Scholarship Applications available; 203-838-8471 X190 or visit: Norwalk Housing Foundation
- Check for availability of Norwalk Mayors Summer Youth Employment program applications for ages 14 – 18; For more information visit: City of Norwalk
- Norwalk Housing Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Applications due; 203-838-8471 X190 or visit: Norwalk Housing Foundation
- Norwalk Housing Foundation Graduate Scholarship Applications due; 203-838-8471 X190 or visit: Norwalk Housing Foundation
- Check for Summer GED and ESL classes for residents of Norwalk, Westport, Wilton and Weston. For more information call Norwalk Adult Education office at 203-854-4115.
- Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA) applications due for school year September through June. For more information visit: Federal Student Aid
- Norwalk Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) - Norwalk Public Schools participate in the federally funded Summer Food Service Program. Under the SFSP, nutritious meals are provided to all children 18 years and under free of charge. Breakfast and lunch are available on weekdays July through August.
- Norwalk Community College on going non-credit summer registration for fall starts. For more information visit: Norwalk Community College
- Important dates TBD
- Check for availability of Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA) applications for September - June. For more information visit: Federal Student Aid
- Norwalk Community College Scholarship applications available for next Spring visit: The Norwalk Community College Foun
- Important dates TBD
- Important dates TBD
~ Top of Page ~